Triple Crown winning jockey Victor Espinoza injured after his horse dies

Mail Online | 7/23/2018 | Hannah Parry For Dailymail.com
vpp1219 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/07/23/06/4E813E5600000578-0-image-a-11_1532323799416.jpg

Click For Video: https://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/1418450360/2015/05/1418450360_4240709807001_4240708717001.mp4

Triple Crown winning jockey Victor Espinoza has been seriously injured after his horse collapsed and dies at the Del Mar training center.

Horse Bobby Abu Dhabi suffered a sudden heart attack and collapsed at 9am during training on Sunday.

Espinoza - Vertebra - Injury - Shoulder - Arm

Espinoza, 46, fractured one of his vertebra and suffered a nerve injury to his left shoulder and arm during the fall. He was rushed to hospital and is slowly regaining feeling in his arms.

He did not race Sunday and will remain in the hospital overnight, NBC San Diego reported.

'He - Percent - Feeling - Espinoza - Agent

'He has regained about 50 percent of the feeling already,' Espinoza's agent Brian Beach said. 'Doctors are optimistic he'll fully recover fairly quickly. It's the kind of thing that football players get all the time.'

'It looks like we dodged a bullet,' Beach added.

Brian - Trump - Racing - Manager - Rockingham

Brian Trump, the racing manager for Rockingham Ranch and owner of Bobby, tweeted about the sudden death of the horse.

'It is with great sadness that I can confirm this morning we lost our boy, BOBBY ABU DHABI to a sudden cardiac arrest on the track,' he tweeted. 'While we are deeply saddened and heartbroken by this loss our thoughts are currently with HOF jockey @VictorEspinoza. Please keep him in your prayers.'

Colt - Bobby - Bing - Crosby - Stakes

Four-year-old colt Bobby had been training for the Bing Crosby Stakes next Saturday.

It was between the sixteenth pole and the wire when it fell. Espinoza was thrown off the horse, then lay...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't believe everything you think...