Dukes Of Hazzard star John Schneider 'asks court to SEND HIM TO JAIL amid financial struggles'

Mail Online | 7/21/2018 | Dailymail.com Reporter;Paul Chavez For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/07/21/06/4E74213800000578-0-image-a-49_1532151407932.jpg

Click For Video: https://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/1418450360/2015/04/1418450360_4158623771001_4158335934001.mp4

John Schneider wants to return to jail in his alimony case, as he prefers it to the alternative options, according to a new report.

The Dukes of Hazzard star, 58, last month was sentenced to three days in Los Angeles County Jail for failure to pay delinquent alimony to his ex Elvira 'Elly' Schneider. The Mount Kisco, New York-born entertainer wound up serving just over five hours before his release due to overcrowding in the facility.

Schneider - Court - Sentence - Requirements - Custody

Schneider told the court he would prefer to serve out the sentence as opposed to complying with the requirements that would keep him out of custody, People reported, citing court docs.

Scroll below for video

Schneider - Hours - Custody - Sentence - Schneider

Schneider was previously sentenced to 120 hours in custody linked to contempt. The sentence was suspended with the understanding Schneider would pay back taxes in a move to transition real estate to Elly, repay her monies owed from a business and reveal his finances to the court.

Schneider, who's also a country singer, told the court July 6 that it was 'unlikely' he'd be able to meet said requirements, and that he was 'leveraged to the max' with loans.

'regret - Embarrassment - Sentence - Thing - Process

With 'regret and embarrassment,' he said he hoped to serve the sentence instead. He said he has tried to do the right thing 'throughout this whole process.'

He told the court: 'I am willing and able to accept the punishment for my actions/inactions as to this matter and I request this court to impose such sentence without further delay.'

Sentence

Regardless of if he serves his sentence or not, the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!