Suits Season 8: EP Previews Harvey Sans Mike, Donna's COO Struggle and Katherine Heigl's 'Powerful' Character

TVLine | 7/18/2018 | Vlada Gelman
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/suits-spoilers-2.jpg?w=621

Are you missing Mike Ross? So is Harvey Specter when Suits returns this Wednesday (USA Network, 9/8c) — but the lawyer doesn’t have a lot of time to lament his friend’s departure. And he certainly doesn’t have the luxury of taking a breather, especially not when the Season 8 premiere introduces Katherine Heigl’s legal eagle Samantha Wheeler as “a force to be reckoned with,” executive producer Aaron Korsh previews below.

Read on as the EP also talks about Donna’s evolution at Specter Litt, Louis and Sheila’s future, and more.

TVLINE - | - Season - Mike - Rachel

TVLINE | When you sat down to break Season 8, the first one without Mike and Rachel, how did it feel?

Well, first of all, I cried for about three hours. [Laughs] Every year, we have a challenge in front of us. So usually, I’m really about trying to figure out what we are going to do in the wake of where we left off, and I don’t have a lot of time to mourn the passing of something. That [mourning phase] happened at the end of Season 7, where I was like, “I can’t believe everything’s coming to an end,” and we all got to say goodbye. By the time we were doing Season 8, it was more like, “What are we going to do?” I didn’t have a lot of time to be like, “Oh no, we don’t have Patrick [J. Adams] and Meghan [Markle], and Mike and Rachel.” So it was really about trying to integrate these new characters that we left off with into the show.

TVLINE - | - World - Show - Mike

TVLINE | In the world of the show, though, Mike and Rachel are very much still alive. So do we get the occasional mention or update throughout the season?

I don’t know, now that you mention it, that we’ve done a huge amount of, like, updating...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!