Donald Trump Takes Jeff Glor Questions On Vladimir Putin Election Meddling; Attacks Obama

Deadline | 7/18/2018 | Lisa de Moraes
Click For Photo: https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/jeff-glor-cbs-news.jpg?w=605

President Donald Trump told CBS News’s Jeff Glor he would hold Russian ruler Vladimir Putin accountable for election meddling “because he’s in charge of the country.”

In a clip that covered no new ground, but that is part of a more extensive interview airing on CBS Evening News tonight, Glor tells Trump that he, Trump, had said he agreed with U.S. intelligence that Russia meddled in the election in 2016.

Yeah - Trump - Times

“Yeah and I’ve said that before,” Trump says. “I’ve said that numerous times before. And I would say that that is true, yeah.”

Trump continues to say that others might have meddled as well, undercutting his intel organizations, but Glor does not get into that in the clip issued by CBS News.

Glor - Trump - Putin - POTUS - Putin

Glor does, however, tell Trump, “But you haven’t condemned Putin, specifically,” and asks POTUS if he holds Putin personally responsible for Russia’s election interference.

“Well, I would, because he’s in charge of the country,” Trump says. “Just like I hold myself to be responsible for things that happen in this country.”

Leader

“So certainly, as the leader of a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Deadline
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't touch that, you don't know where it's been.