Passenger with scaly skin condition psoriasis is outraged after easyJet staff 'questioned her about it before letting her board flight'

Mail Online | 6/20/2016 | Anna Hodgekiss for MailOnline
Emzah92 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/06/20/14/357BD13D00000578-0-image-a-32_1466429547925.jpg

A woman who suffers from psoriasis is outraged after being questioned about her skin by easyJet staff before being allowed to board a flight.

Holly Dillon, 26, from Peckham, was returning home Faro to Luton airport last night when the incident occurred.

She claims the check-in attendant in Portugal raised 'health and safety concerns' before allowing her to get on the aircraft.

The assistant film director had gone abroad as the sun's rays are known to ease symptoms of psoriasis, such as patches of scaly skin.

Caused by a problem with the immune system, it triggers skin cells to regenerate too quickly.

Speaking to the Evening Standard, she said: 'I’ve just been stopped in Portugal checking in to the easyJet flight from Faro back to London before boarding the plane.

'The boarding desk clerk just stopped and indirectly asked my friend, not me, whether I had a problem with my face or skin.

'I said: "Excuse me, you should be asking me directly if you think there is something wrong".

'He said it’s a health and safety procedure. It was completely unacceptable, rude and unprofessional.'

Psoriasis, which affects around three per cent of the world's population, is also linked to an increased risk for depression, heart disease and diabetes, among other conditions.

Ms Dillon is also the founder of the #GetYourSkinOut campaign, which aims to increase awareness of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!

Comments