MSNBC Accuses House GOP of McCarthyism, Praises Peter Strzok’s ‘Integrity’

NewsBusters | 7/12/2018 | Staff
TwiztedGurl (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/2018-07-12-msnbc-mlcm-brennan.png

Following Thursday’s morning session of senior FBI official Peter Strzok testifying before Congress about anti-Trump text messages he sent during the 2016 campaign, MSNBC anchor Chris Jansing and her panel of paid NBC News analysts were unified in their condemnation of House Republicans and praise for Strzok. GOP members were compared to Joseph McCarthy while Strzok was laughably hailed for his supposed “integrity.”

As the hearing adjourned for its midday recess in the 1:00 p.m. ET hour, Jansing sneered: “I just checked the latest numbers. Congress has a 19% approval rating. You could make an argument watching the last three or four hours of that, that that exactly is the reason why.” Former Obama Justice Department official and MSNBC analyst Matt Miller ranted: “You know, I think the behavior of Chairman Goodlate and some of the other members was appalling.”

Miller

Miller continued:

It was like really watching something out of the ’50s, out of the McCarthy era, where you see someone brought up, ordered to answer questions he can’t possibly answer. It was really an appalling piece of behavior from the leadership of that committee.

Moments - Barack - Obama - CIA - Director

Moments later, Barack Obama’s former CIA Director and NBC News Contributor John Brennan absurdly applauded Strzok: “Well, I’m personally glad that Peter Strzok had an opportunity to talk publicly about this so that the American people could see his professionalism as well as what I think is his integrity.” Brennan further declared: “He is – has been an outstanding FBI agent and counterintelligence officer who has been responsible, personally and directly, for many of the counterintelligence successes this country has enjoyed.”

The ex-Obama administration official lamented that the hearing “demonstrated some of the craven politics right now that unfortunately has infected the national security/law enforcement realm,” before reiterating: “But Pete, I think, did a great job.”

Former - US - Attorney - MSNBC

Former U.S. Attorney and MSNBC...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!
An enemy of death and destruction