Boy, 5, remembered in tear-jerking hilarious obituary he wrote for himself

Mail Online | 7/12/2018 | Mia De Graaf Health Editor For Dailymail.com
bethtetleybethtetley (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/07/12/23/4E2CB09900000578-0-image-a-34_1531433181504.jpg

A five-year-old boy who passed away from a rare form of cancer has been remembered in a heart-wrenchingly funny obituary that he wrote himself.

Garrett Michael Matthias was diagnosed with an incredibly rare form of cancer, Stage 4 Alveolar Fusion Negative Rhabdomyosarcoma (ARMS), in September last year.

Skull - Nerve - Ear - Doctors - Parents

It had spread so far from his skull, hitting his cranial nerve and inner ear, that doctors told his parents Emilie and Ryan there was no hope of saving him.

Devastated, the couple started preparing for the end, which included asking him a series of questions so they would remember him in his own words.

June

He died on June 6.

Now, those words have been printed in the obituaries of their local funeral home in Van Meter, Iowa, ahead of his funeral on Saturday - and within days have become an internet sensation.

Things - Sister - Bunny - Thrash - Metal

It reads: 'The things I love the most: Playing with my sister, my blue bunny, thrash metal, Legos, my daycare friends, Batman and when they put me to sleep before they access my port.

'Things I hate: Pants!, dirty stupid cancer, when they access my port, needles, and the monkey nose that smells like cherry farts…I do like the mint monkey nose like at Mayo Radiation and that one guy that helped me build Legos (Randy).'

Address - Garrett - 'I - Bulldog

For his address, Garrett simply wrote 'I am a Bulldog!'

He added: 'When I die: I am going to be a gorilla and throw poo at Daddy!'

Garrett - Parents - Thor - Mommy - Tree

Garrett told his parents that he wanted to be cremated rather than buried ('I want to be burned (like when Thor's Mommy died) and made into a tree so I can live in it when I'm a gorilla').

And instead of a 'sad' funeral, he said 'I want 5 bouncy houses (because I'm 5), Batman, and snow cones'.

People

He lists his favorite people...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: