Joaquin Phoenix Says ‘Joker’ Film Is “Unique” And “Scares The F—ing S–t Out Of Me”

The Playlist | 7/12/2018 | Charles Barfield
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Joaquin-Phoenix-You-Were-Never-Really-Here-1.jpg

It’s the worst kept secret in Hollywood right now. Yes, as we’ve been reporting for what feels like months now, Joaquin Phoenix is signed on to play the Joker in a new solo film from Warner Bros. and DC Films. The film, which is going to be written and directed by Todd Phillips has yet to be officially announced, but that hasn’t stopped people from talking about it. And the person everyone wants to talk to, Phoenix, is finally opening up about why he is finally making the jump to comic book films, and why he chose the Joker.

In an interview with Collider, Phoenix dropped the coy maybe-he-will-maybe-he-won’t act and finally talked about what drew him to the Joker and if he was worried about tackling an iconic role:

Lot - Time - Consideration - Decisions - Ways

“I take a lot of time and consideration when making decisions and what I’m gonna work on always. So, in some ways, the process, which is obviously reading a script and meeting a filmmaker and then continuing to have meetings and discussions with Todd [Phillips]. I think he’s very impressive and he seems to have a very interesting understanding of this world and what he’s trying to say. And so there is something very appealing about that and working with him on this particular project. It feels unique, it is its own world in some ways, and maybe, mostly, it scares the **** **** out of me or something. It might as well be the thing that scares you the most.”

This isn’t the first time that Phoenix has been close to comic book filmmaking. The actor was in discussions to play Doctor Strange, but reports said he wasn’t interested in signing on for the muli-film deal. And to hear Phoenix explain it more, it appears that his first step into comic book...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!