Actress Sand Van Roy Details Luc Besson’s Alleged Sexual Abuse, While More Women Accuse Director of Harassment

IndieWire | 7/10/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/shutterstock_9421538f.jpg?w=780

Luc Besson was accused of rape in May by actress Sand Van Roy, who said the filmmaker abused her in his room at the Bristol Hotel in Paris. Van Roy first went public with her allegation anonymously, but now she’s come forward to reveal specific details about Besson’s abuse. Van Roy gave her first interview to a non-French news organization to Variety (following Mediapart) and spoke about her working relationship with Besson, which started after she was cast in “Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets.” The film marked Van Roy’s first feature.

Van Roy said Besson flirted with her on set, but she did not push him away because she observed him doing the same thing to other actresses and female crew members on the production. The two first met during Van Roy’s costume fitting. Benson allegedly invited Van Roy to his hotel room at Fouquet’s in late February 2017 for a meeting to “get to know [her] professionally” and to discuss her “writing and acting skills.” Van Roy told Mediapart Besson became interested in her film project, “Olga,” which she had been developing since 2014.

Movie - Lot - Basis - Friendliness - Trust

“He basically used my movie to see me a lot, and once he established this basis of friendliness and trust, he made a move in a way that was coercive,” Van Roy told Mediapart. “He would talk about other girls, like ‘she did that [thing to hurt me], so I did that to her.’ I got a strong sense that, if I walked out, I would be blacklisted and never work again because he’s done that to other girls, and every time I refused he would punish me directly or indirectly and make me feel guilty.”

“You end up lowering your guard because he’s like the reincarnation of Winnie the Pooh,” she continued. “He drinks...
(Excerpt) Read more at: IndieWire
Wake Up To Breaking News!
With God all things are possible, but not probable.