Musings on the Church and a Sermon, by a retired Pastor

rorate-caeli.blogspot.com | 7/6/2018 | Staff
DebraS (Posted by) Level 3
I retired as pastor of St. Mary's parish in Norwalk, CT, and my last Solemn Mass was on June 24 and my last Missa Cantata as pastor was on June 29, the great Roman feast of SS. Peter and Paul. The Sunday Mass was glorious in all ways: the music, the participatio actuosa of the congregation and the 32 altar servers and the ministers of the Mass, the reception that afternoon was an outpouring of joy and affection that I will always remember.

I believe that the Traditional Movement in the Catholic Church, which appellation leaves something to be desired, is so very important to the future of the Church. I nevertheless believe that there is too much heady talk and almost no heart. What is lacking is contained in Newman's motto: Cor ad for loquitur: heart speaks to heart. This blog serves a very important purpose in the current struggle against the forces of a Catholic secularism that threaten the very foundation of the Catholic faith.

Situation - Piece - Forays - Church - Catholic

I will not dwell on this situation, lest this piece become another one of my forays against those within the Church who threaten to make the Catholic Church into a pale and vapid form of Protestantism that would be a shadow compared to the real but defective faith of a Protestantism that at least believed in the Evangelium Ipsissum Jesu Christi. But the hearts of men and women will be won over not only by intellectual discourse, but also by happy times over food and good wine.

I realized this past week that for so many years all I read and pondered was theology, in all of its manifestations. I had abandoned the treasury of literature that was inspired positively mostly and even negatively by a vigorous Christian culture. Just a few days ago,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: rorate-caeli.blogspot.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!