'Mommy is not coming back home... because daddy shot her': Mother of woman killed by her ex in a murder-suicide reveals the agony of breaking the news to her youngest child

Mail Online | 6/27/2018 | Ashley Collman For Dailymail.com
darkkazune (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/06/27/21/4DB40CD200000578-0-image-a-53_1530131825863.jpg

A Texas woman who is raising her two young grandson's after her daughter's death in a murder-suicide is speaking out for the first time since the tragedy nine months ago.

Krista Copeland, 28, was shot to death by her ex-husband Brian Kesner, 38, in a vacant parking lot in September, before be turned the gun on himself - orphaning their two young sons Maddox, age nine, and Preston, age four.

Couple - Middle - Custody - Exchange - Son

The couple were in the middle of a custody exchange of their eldest son, who hid behind a tree as the tragedy unfolded.

After the surprise attack, Maddox and his younger brother were taken in by their maternal grandmother, 53-year-old Dee Gibson, and her husband of 15 years Ron, 59, who thought they were both done raising children.

Couple - Grandsons - Interview - Star-Telegram - Tragedy

The couple and their two grandsons recently sat down for an interview with the Star-Telegram, where they spoke about the tragedy for the first time and detailed how they are raising Krista's sons.

Dee said one of the most difficult things was breaking the news of his mother's death to Preston.

Grandson - Truth - Mother

She said she felt it was important to tell her grandson the truth, so he didn't grow up thinking that his mother had abandoned him.

'I sat him in my lap, and he was playing with a toy in his hands, and I said, "Mommy is not coming back home." He said, "Why?" I said, "Because daddy shot her,"' Dee recalled.

Krista - Brian - March - Relationship - January

Krista and Brian were married in March 2012, but their relationship began to fall apart in 2016, and by January 2017 they were divorced.

Krista's mom and stepfather actually moved to Texas from Florida not long before the murder-suicide, so they could help the newly-single mom.

Dee - Job - Center - Deaf - Husband

Dee got a job at an assisted-living center for the deaf while her husband got a job at...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!