Even CNN’s ‘New Day’ Found Time for Maxine Waters’s Deranged Rant

NewsBusters | 6/25/2018 | Staff
kringkring (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/2018-06-25-cnn-nd-maxinewaters2.jpg

While ABC’s Good Morning America was asleep at the wheel on Monday morning having failed to cover California Democratic Congresswoman Maxine Waters’s call for Americans to physically confront members of the Trump administration, CNN’s New Day miraculously found nine minutes and 43 seconds for Waters.

There were hot takes that President Trump was to blame for enabling such unhinged behavior, but there were other moments where sanity ruled and even a strong exchange with co-host John Berman where a Democratic Congressman refused to condemn Waters’s ugly rhetoric.

Hour - New - York - Times - White

The 6:00 a.m. Eastern hour saw New York Times White House correspondent Maggie Haberman swiftly condemn Waters’s comments as “dangerous” and worse than uncivil:

This wasn't just I'm just going to ask you to leave my restaurant. This was crowd people in public. This is intimidate and get in their faces and their space. And I think that takes it to a very different level, especially when it’s a public officially saying it. This is an elected official making that point.

Haberman - Waters - Space - People - Spaces

Haberman later added that what “Waters is talking about is, again, physical space, getting in people's spaces in a different way is different” and rises “to a different level than just insulting people.”

However, she spent a large portion of her comments blaming Trump and fretting that this is something that he can — wait for it — “seize on.”

People - Demonizing - President - Demagoging - Demonizing

“It is very hard for people to say — to be upset about the demonizing that the President is doing, and he is in the demagoging and demonizing and dehumanizing, particularly of immigrants, but frankly, anybody who gets in his way....I frankly think the images of kids being taken at the border and the amount of time that's going to take to get resolved is going to play a lot more in terms of Democrats turning out...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!
If the Government could just stop...