Inspired to Love and Value God’s Word First

(in)courage | 6/25/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: http://www.incourage.me/wp/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/06252018_RobinDance_HisWord-1200x858.jpg

Years ago during a challenging season of life, I decided to attend “Youniquely Woman,” an event that brought together three well-known authors and friends to encourage women in their faith, family, marriage, and home. It was somewhat amusing to me that it was billed as “finishing school,” but even in my early 40s, I understood no matter how old I was there was always room to grow. What a treasure to have Kay Arthur, Emilie Barnes, and Donna Otto living out Titus 2, investing in younger women by sharing their lives. They delivered actionable content, mixing humor and experience with biblical wisdom and practicality. A few examples of the lighter moments:

On marriage: What’s sexy about feet in your pajamas? How’s he gonna get to you?

Children - Parents

On children: You can always pray you’re adopted because then it means your parents never really did it.

What a surprise to hear those things coming out of their mouths. Their candor see-sawed between giggle-inducing gift and wisened counsel. One memorable and special highlight? The trio’s birthday serenade from center stage. I’m not sure how they discovered it was my birthday, but as a girl who loves to celebrate the way I do, no other present could’ve been more perfect.

Decade - Lessons - Woman

Over a decade later, a few lessons from each woman linger:

Donna Otto deliberately selected a black and white wardrobe, simplifying life and laundry but equally classy and timeless. She also was the first person to invite me to consider whether I was a “Here I am!” or “There you are!” person. Her challenge made me a better noticer of people by encouraging me to see people in the margins and to muster enough courage to be the one to reach out.

Emilie - Barnes - Session - Purse - Organization

Emilie Barnes led a session on purse organization that had the audience rolling. Apparently the jungle of a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: (in)courage
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: