4 Actions to Take When Disappointment Comes

ChurchLeaders | 6/24/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: http://churchleaders.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/cl-lead-better.jpg

It is never easy to deal with disappointment. It is not easy to live through. It is real and will visit you from time to time. Learning to live and work through disappointment will save you from a life of resentment and bitterness.

Disappointment comes in several ways. Identifying disappointment will help us know what to expect and perhaps give us some insight on how to live through it.

People

1. People will disappoint you.

All kinds of people will disappoint you in life. At times, even people you love and admire may disappoint you. No one is perfect. Each of us has disappointed others. Hopefully, it has never been intentional, but it does happen.

Organizations

2. Organizations will disappoint you.

When you are involved in organizations, there is potential for them to really disappoint you. Perhaps they will not live up to what they state, or they fail to respond in the way you assumed they would. This could be a school, church, business, government or civic organization.

Circumstances

3. Circumstances will disappoint you.

There are times we work hard to shape the future or something we love. Then suddenly, something changes, someone leaves, someone fumbles the vision or resources are not provided. Transition and change can challenge your attitude and lead to disappointment.

Expectations

4. Unrealistic expectations will lead to disappointment.

Each of us can have unrealistic expectations. We can have unrealistic expectations of the people we love the most, and even of our nation. As a person who has high expectations of myself and others, I have had to moderate some of my expectations.

Disappointment

Living through disappointment will require us to take four...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!