‘Get Out 2’: Jordan Peele is “Flirting With The Idea” of a Sequel to His Horror Hit

/Film | 6/22/2018 | Ben Pearson
Zorra (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/Get-Out-top-10.jpg

Jordan Peele shocked the world in 2017 with Get Out, his feature directorial debut that became a cultural phenomenon and launched a million memes. Producer Jason Blum says Peele is still thinking about possibly making a sequel. But what could a potential Get Out 2 be about?

Most movies follow the same cycle: there’s hype leading up to the release, a swath of reviews and features once it comes out, and then maybe a scattered article or two online in the months following. But not Get Out. Peele’s horror film touched a nerve in the collective consciousness of American moviegoers and remained a constant talking point for the entirety of 2017, going on to win the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay at this year’s Academy Awards. That’s a rare feat for a first-time filmmaker – especially for a horror movie. Could Peele recapture that same success again with a sequel?

Variety - Blumhouse - Head - Out - Producer

Variety spoke with Blumhouse head and Get Out producer Jason Blum, who offered a very short quote about the possibility of a Get Out 2:

“If Jordan wants to do a sequel, I’ll do it in a second, but it has to come from Jordan Peele. I think he’s flirting with the idea.”

Lot - Peele - Notion - Filmmaker - Sequel

That’s admittedly not a lot to go on, but it does signal that Peele hasn’t dismissed the notion entirely. The filmmaker was thinking about a sequel back in February, when he said:

“I will definitely, seriously consider it. I love that universe and feel like there’s more story to tell. I don’t know what it is now, but there are some loose ends, if you know the movie.”

Fact - Peele - Ideas - Brewing

The fact that he’s still considering it makes me wonder if Peele actually has some ideas brewing.

What Could Get Out 2 Be About?

Get

Get...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Is it real news?? or MSM news??