This 19-Year-Old Crypto Trading Wizard Is Launching A Fund Backed By Sequoia, Coinbase

Zero Hedge | 6/19/2018 | Staff
Matty123 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/2018-06/noyes%201_1.jpg

The recent bitcoin crash hasn’t slowed down the rapid developments in the world of cryptocurrency funds, at least not for 19-year-old Charles Noyes who, despite not being old enough to order a beer, has just made partner at a new crypto currency digital fund alongside two of the biggest names in the crypto space.

Noyes is coming from his former fund, Pantera Capital, where he rose through the ranks from intern to analyst to principal in less than two years. Bloomberg with more:

Charles - Noyes - Orange - County - California

Charles Noyes, an Orange County, California, native who left high school early in 2016 to attend Massachusetts Institute of Technology, is exiting his job at crypto hedge fund Pantera Capital to help two finance titans start a digital-currency fund. He’ll be a partner alongside Fred Ehrsam, co-founder of crypto exchange Coinbase Inc., and Matt Huang, a former partner at venture-capital firm Sequoia Capital, which will be an investor in the new company.

The three-man fund plans to invest in early-stage projects focused on cryptocurrencies, new blockchains and exchanges, said Noyes, who started mining Bitcoin in 2011. The 19-year-old left MIT after one year to join Pantera, where he moved up the ranks from intern to analyst to principal. After less than two years there, he was invited to help Ehrsam and Huang launch the new venture.

Noyes - Attitude - Move - Trading - Whiz

As for Noyes himself and his attitude on the move: just like every other 19-year-old trading whiz kid - although considering the price action in recent years, it mostly meant buying bitcoin, buying, and then buying some more on leverage, as he is trying not to "mess up too badly" admitting in only a way that a 19-year-old could:

“Everyone’s kind of just accepted that I go do my own thing and hopefully don’t mess up too badly,” said Noyes, who lives in San Francisco. “I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Zero Hedge
Wake Up To Breaking News!