Former England cricket captain Michael Vaughan moves into film with Frank Bruno documentary (exclusive)

Screen | 6/19/2018 | Tom Grater
Click For Photo: https://d1nslcd7m2225b.cloudfront.net/Pictures/2000x2000fit/4/8/4/1284484_frankbruno_325925.jpg

The life of UK boxer Frank Bruno is set to get the feature documentary treatment in Bruno, a project in the works from the team behind Hot Docs and Doc/Fest title Forbidden Games: The Justin Fashanu Story and former England cricket captain Michael Vaughan.

Adam Darke and Jon Carey, the directors of Forbidden Games, will direct Bruno and produce through their newly-launched banner Gospel, which they will run alongside Vaughan.

Trio - Co-founders - Equity - Partners - Gospel

The trio are co-founders and equity partners in Gospel and Bruno will be their debut project. Vaughan, now a pundit for the BBC, Fox and BT Sport, plans to utilise his connections in the sports, media and broadcasting world for the company, which will be focused on building a portfolio of sports, entertainment and music films.

“I am delighted to be joining such a great team whose ambitions and drive match my own. Having worked in the media world for nearly 10 years now I am looking forward to working with the guys in creating new ideas and shows as well as being a part of some myself,” said Vaughan.

Bruno - Rise - Frank - Bruno - Beginnings

Bruno will chronicle the rise of Frank Bruno from humble beginnings growing up on a London council estate to becoming boxing world heavyweight champion at the fourth attempt, following several bouts with infamous US boxer Mike Tyson. It will also look at his post-boxing life, which...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Screen
Wake Up To Breaking News!