John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy

Deadline | 6/17/2018 | Lisa de Moraes
Click For Photo: https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/last-week_-tonight-john_-oliver.jpg?w=605

John Oliver kicked off Last Week Tonight talking about President Donald Trump’s roller coaster week, that began when he met with “Cutie Patootie” Kim Jong Un. Trump tweet-boasted we can all feel much safer than the day he took office, because there is “no longer a nuclear threat from North Korean,” adding, “sleep well tonight!”

RelatedKathy Griffin Savagely Drags Melania Trump For Remarks About Government's Family Separation...

Donald - Trump - Grim - Reaper - Birthday

“Donald Trump telling me I can sleep well tonight is like the Grim Reaper telling me to Have a Happy Birthday,” Oliver said. “His presence is the reason I will not.”

Unfortunately the deal Trump made with the North Korean dictator was pretty underwhelming. The two sides agreed to “work toward” complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.

Which - Agreements - North - Korea - Oliver

Which isn’t just ambiguous, compared to the multiple previous agreements involving North Korea, it’s also completely meaningless, Oliver noted. It’s a Trump specialty to deliver something that sounds great but isn’t actually anything, Oliver described, calling it an “ice cream ****.”

The genuinely remarkable thing about the summit was the deference Trump happily showed to Kim. While diplomacy always involves a certain amount of sucking up to horrible people, Trump went above and beyond what was needed, calling Kim a “great personality,” a “funny guy,” “very smart” and a “great negotiator” who “loves his people, loves his country.”

Part - Trump - Admiration - Kim - Dictator

“I’m not going to say that part of Trump’s admiration for Kim is that he wishes he could be a dictator,” Oliver explained. “I’m going to let him say that.”

He then played that headline-grabbing line from Trump’s White House lawn interview with Fox & Friends’ Steve Doocy in which POTUS said Kim “is the head of a country, and I mean he’s the strong head…He speaks ad his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same.”

Oliver

Or, as Oliver...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Deadline
Wake Up To Breaking News!