Facebook's longtime comms exec Elliot Schrage stepping down

CNET | 6/14/2018 | Richard Nieva
rubydrummer (Posted by) Level 3
Elliot Schrage, Facebook's veteran head of policy and communications, is stepping down. Recode earlier reported the news.

Schrage, who's been with the social network for a decade, will stay on as an advisor to Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and COO Sheryl Sandberg, the company said. He'll also lead the search for his replacement. He hasn't announced what he plans to do next.

Decade - Facebook - Time - Chapter - Life

"After more than a decade at Facebook, I've decided it's time to start a new chapter in my life," Schrage said in a Facebook post. "Leading policy and communications for hyper growth technology companies is a joy -- but it's also intense and leaves little room for much else."

Replying to Schrage's post, Zuckerberg said, "You've made an extraordinary contribution to Facebook -- dealing with some of our toughest challenges and helping enable some of our biggest opportunities. You've been committed to our mission throughout and have always seen the potential that comes when people can connect to others and build community. Thank you and I look forward to your advice for many more years."

Sandberg - Schrage - Facebook - Post - Policy

Sandberg also thanked Schrage on his Facebook post. "You've been instrumental in building our policy and communications teams as well as pushing many of our key initiatives -- including the recent...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!