Killer robots could enslave humanity before wiping us out

Mail Online | 6/14/2018 | Tim Collins For Mailonline
finter (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/06/14/13/4D395B3200000578-0-image-a-2_1528979495779.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/06/14/8208347187365065519/1024x576_MP4_8208347187365065519.mp4

Humans could one day become enslaved by the intelligent machines they create, a renowned MIT professor has warned.

A number of prominent researchers expect AI to be able to outsmart humans at every conceivable task and job within decades.

Expert - People - Intelligent - Robots - Takeover

One expert believes people may not be able to keep up with these super intelligent robots, who could 'break out and takeover' before destroying humanity.

Shockingly, he also claims that some of his colleagues may welcome the extinction of the species by AI, viewing them as our natural descendants.

Comments - Max - Tegmark - Physicist - Cosmologist

The comments were made by Max Tegmark, a Swedish-American physicist and cosmologist.

He is a professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the scientific director of the Foundational Questions Institute.

Minute - Presentation - Ted - Conference - Vancouver

During an almost 20 minute long presentation at the Ted 2018 conference, held in Vancouver, Canada, Professor Tegmark outlined the opportunities and threats he feels AI will bring.

'One option my colleagues would like to do is build super intelligence, and keep it under human control like an enslaved dog,' he said during a talk in April, which has just been published on the organisation's website.

Humans - Power

'But you might worry that maybe we humans just aren't smart enough to handle that much power.

'Also aside from any moral qualms you might have about enslaving superior minds, you should be more worried that maybe the superintelligence could outsmart us.

'They - Over

'They could break-out and take over.'

Professor Tegmark also claims that some experts would be comfortable with humanity being entirely replaced by robots.

'I - Colleagues - Extinction

He added: 'I have colleagues who are fine with this, and it could even cause human extinction.

'As long as they feel the AIs are our worthy descendants, like children.

AIs - Values

'But how would we know the AIs have adopted our best values?

'And shouldn't those people who don't want human extinction have a say in the matter too?

Today

'If we don't go far beyond today's...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I find it extremely funny when people keep voting and expecting the government to change!