Botched patient has her face repaired after dog attack

Mail Online | 6/14/2018 | Molly Rose Pike For Mailonline
jenn1020 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/06/14/09/4D371E4700000578-0-image-a-24_1528966258018.jpg

A woman who lost part of her face when a dog tore chunks out of her lip in a brutal attack has been transformed by TV's Botched surgeons.

Karissa Weckesser, 24, was at a friend's house playing with her dog when it launched at her, prompting her to black out from the pain. When she awoke she was in the emergency room as surgeons prepared to repair the damage to her face.

Physicians - Flesh - Tissue - Damage - Piece

Physicians attempted to use the flesh that had been torn off, but there was too much tissue damage, and so they took a piece from her lower lip and 'rolled it up' on her upper lip to minimise the space left where the dog had bitten Karissa.

But in last night's episode of Botched, surgeons Dr. Terry Dubrow and Dr. Paul Nassif were able to improve the results by 'shortening' her upper lip.

Karissa - Results - Self

Karissa was thrilled with the results and said she could 'see my old self again'.

At first the surgeons were unsure if they would be able to fix her mouth as the emergency room doctors had failed to attach the chunk of flesh she had lost when they originally operated.

Dr - Nassif - Karissa - Piece - Lip

Dr Nassif explained to Karissa: 'So what they did was they took a piece of your lower lip and kind of rolled it up to fill that defect.

'Before doing an aggressive procedure like that, we would've maybe just put the tissue together and just see how it heals because it does shorten the sides of your mouth.'

Point - Karissa - Doctor - Damage - Camera

'At this point, I really don't know if I'm going to be able to help Karissa. I just hope that her doctor has not done irreversible damage,' he told the camera.

Fortunately they were able to repair her lip by trimming the dropping skin over her mouth.

Karissa

Karissa, who was left unable to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
2KXVI