VIDEO: Muslim teens berated as 'traitors to the country'

NJ.com | 6/14/2018 | Staff
finter (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/9MPRro3vM6w/hqdefault.jpg

JERSEY CITY -- Five Muslim teens were walking to Newport Mall after school on Tuesday afternoon when they were berated by a man because of their religion.

In a snippet of the incident that was caught on camera, the man, who has not been identified, tells the 18-year-old Dickinson High School students they are "traitors to the country" because they are Muslim.

Fatima - Khan - Video - Twitter - Friends

Fatima Khan, who posted the video on Twitter, said she and her four friends -- Ibtissam Jaouad, Aniza Nasir, Dolma Tsering, and Yahaira Osorio -- were approached by the man on Seventh Street in Downtown Jersey City and he began yelling.

At first the girls thought he was trying to make a joke, but they soon realized the man was attacking them for their religion. Nasir was wearing a hijab when the man began his hate-filled tirade and that's when Khan begins recording.

Streets - People - Streets - Man - People

"I'm allowed to talk to streets ... people on the streets," the man says. "It's important ... your s****y people should go ..."

In the video the man is interrupted by one of the teens who yells "what do you mean 'your s****y people?' She was born here, first of all, and I came here and I am an American citizen."

Girls - Point - Man - Traitors - Country

The girls, audibly upset at this point, ask the man where he's from when he says "you are traitors to the country." Khan tells her friends to keep walking and to ignore him, while he continues to talk to the girls about "your s****y country."

When reached by phone, the girls said they were surprised by the hate-filled rhetoric in Jersey City, but also acknowledged how it's happening all across the country. The man also...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NJ.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I find it extremely funny when people keep voting and expecting the government to change!