We’re Not Joking: Joy Behar Injures Herself, Hospitalized After Avocado Incident

Conservative Tribune | 6/13/2018 | kbrooks
marked (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Dangerous-Avocado.jpg

On Saturday, June 9, Joy Behar was briefly hospitalized after stabbing herself.

“The View” host was absent from the show on Monday but returned for filming on Tuesday, June 12 to share what happened.

Saturday - Night - Way - Event - Retreat

“Saturday night, on my way to the event at the retreat, I stabbed myself in the hand with a knife,” the 75-year-old stated.

“I was trying to desperately eat something, so I was trying to open up an avocado and I stuck the knife into the pit to get it out … and I stabbed myself.”

Behar

Behar said she had “never had pain quite so intense, it was awful.”

What’s even more astonishing is that this type of injury is actually quite common. The syndrome is appropriately called “avocado hand.”

Year - Surgeons - UK - Avocados - Labels

Last year, surgeons in the UK were calling for avocados to actually carry warning labels, according to The Times.

According to Behar, her doctor told her “we get this all the time.” She went on to explain, “So what happened was I guess there must have been an infection, they put me in the hospital overnight. Every six hours I’m on a drip, an antibiotic drip, etc. and now I’m better.”

Actress - Meryl - Streep - Hand - Injury

Back in 2012, actress Meryl Streep suffered from avocado hand, but her injury was so gruesome it actually required surgery. She was apparently ahead...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Conservative Tribune
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: