PRESS RELEASE: Eden Seminary prepares leaders to transform world

Religion News Service | 6/13/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://religionnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Rev.-Musa-Maina-1.jpg

WEBSTER GROVES, MO., June 13, 2018 — Change doesn’t come easy, yet Rev. Musa Maina of Kenya recently helped achieve a milestone transformation in the Reformed Church of East Africa (RCEA). For the first time in the church’s history, women are approved to be ordained ministers in the church.

“We continue on the path of female vocational calling with the first female ordination planned for July 2018,” he says.

Notices - Sense - God - Presence - God

“Notices have been sent, and I feel a strong sense of God’s presence and God,” he says.

Rev. Maina attributes this progressive church advancement, in part, to the insight he gained while studying at Eden Theological Seminary, Webster Groves, Mo. “We owe this to God who in Revelation 21:3ff, makes a dwelling place among people. I owe the boldness to the formation I received especially at Eden. Whatever lies ahead, one thing I know for sure is that I have no apologies over it,” says Rev. Maina.

Realization - Rev - Mania - Process - Church

This realization fueled Rev. Mania’s process of transforming church politics to ordain women minsters. While already a pastor and faculty member of the Reformed Institute of Theological Training (RITT) in Kenya, Maina decided to further pursue his religious education at Eden. He earned a Master’s Degree in Theological Studies (MTS), graduating in 2005. Thus, began the long path Maina followed to change RCEA policy on women as ministers.

Eden Theological Seminary is a graduate school preparing women and men for ordained Christian ministry. One of six seminaries of the United Church of Christ, the Eden community is committed to advancing the greater good. The school welcomes everyone, regardless of denomination, gender, race or background.

Kenya - Rev - Maina - Leadership - Role

After returning to Kenya, Rev. Maina continued his leadership role in RITT and worked as a moderator for the RCEA. The partnership of RITT/RCEA and Eden allowed him to collaborate and engage the RCEA in new...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Religion News Service
Wake Up To Breaking News!