Sony E3 2018: The Last of Us Part 2, Death Stranding, Kingdom Hearts 3 and more

CNET | 6/12/2018 | Andrew Gebhart,
Click For Photo: https://cnet1.cbsistatic.com/img/TF5a09mrSP7vcMbldP5gW8qpBIE=/2018/06/12/3d0e1f5f-1ea0-468d-a7a8-f176150a1062/3079377-deathstranding-screen-ps4-006-1465877396.jpg

Coming into E3 2018 you got the sense that Sony was in a comfortable spot.

In the current console race, it's in first spot. Clearly. It also has a suite of online exclusives. It didn't need to do anything spectacular here, and it sort of didn't. But it also did?

Sony - E3 - Presser - Conferences - Games

In short: Sony's E3 2018 presser is one of the most uneven conferences I've ever watched, but it didn't even matter when the games are this good.

4:46

Sony - Show - Church - Kingsman - Reference

Sony's show kicked off in a church with a weird Kingsman reference and some truly terrible sound. Turns out the church was just an elaborate, expensive way for Sony to segue into its first gameplay trailer for The Last of Us Part 2.

Thankfully it delivered.

Developer - Naughty - Dog - Writing - Cinematics

Developer Naughty Dog is known for strong writing and well put-together cinematics. The trailer opened with a really interesting dramatic cutscene that transitioned seamlessly into our first look at how the game will play out in practice.

The Last of Us Part 2 looked familiar to anyone who played the original: short, sharp, brutish, with a hyperreal portrayal of violence unlike anything I've ever seen in video games. This is a different kind of violence: not celebratory, but driven by an absolute need to survive.

Everything - Animations - Combat - Stealth - Mechanics

Everything has been ramped up here: the animations, the combat, the stealth mechanics. It just looks like a far more delicate and elaborate version of the original.

It looks awesome.

4:13

This was a surprise for me. I had no idea what this game was, but I was impressed.

Game - Mongol - Invasion - Video - Game

It's a samurai game set during the Mongol invasion and it's such a glorious, artfully created video game. It's clearly combat driven, and (technically) hack and slash, but it looks driven by counters and timing -- more like Arkham Asylum or Dark Souls than say... God of War. This is a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Governemnt sponsored segratation of America, one household at a time.