Our Girl's Ben Aldridge DEFENDS Michelle Keegan's 'too glam' appearance on the show and claims she doesn't wear make-up on set

Mail Online | 6/11/2018 | Olivia Wheeler;Lily Waddell For Mailonline
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/06/11/10/4D2158FD00000578-0-image-a-20_1528708052153.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/06/11/5976419761750687903/1024x576_MP4_5976419761750687903.mp4

She has come under fire again and again for her heavily made-up appearance on the BBC One military drama.

And Michelle Keegan's Our Girl co-star, Ben Aldridge, has defended her 'too glam' and flawless war zone look during an interview on Monday's Lorraine.

Actor - Backlash - Actress - Make-up - Set

The actor, 32, revealed that he thinks the backlash is 'unfair' and that the actress, 31, doesn't even wear make-up on set.

Talking to presenter, Lorraine Kelly, he said: 'I think it's unfair. No one is criticising the boys for being too good looking.

People - Pride - Appearance - Army - Women

'Also, there are people that take pride in their appearance that are in the army, we met women that don't look dissimilar to Michelle.

'She doesn't wear make-up on set. She’s literally getting sweat and mud sprayed onto her.'

Ben - Captain - James - Girl - Debut

Ben plays Captain James and has starred in Our Girl since its debut on BBC One in 2014.

His character became romantically involved with Molly Dawes, played by EastEnders star Lacey Turner, who only appeared on the first series of the show.

Ben - Return - Back

Yet Ben would love to see the actress return and he added: 'We'd love her back.'

The actor's interview comes after Michelle was forced to hit back at 'sexist' trolls in a cosy chat with The Metro, as she claimed that women wear make-up in the army.

Actress - Eyebrows - Looks - Show

The actress also pointed out she couldn't wipe off her eyebrows as they are tattooed on when she defended her glamorous looks on the show.

Michelle told the publication: ‘I remember when the building collapsed and I got a lot of grief because my...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!