Michelle Keegan divides fans with 'too glam' appearance as Our Girl returns... with some even demanding 'much better' Lacey Turner is reinstated

Mail Online | 6/6/2018 | Andrew Bullock For Mailonline
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/06/06/11/4CF8438700000578-0-image-a-63_1528279503301.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/06/03/9148330749423958097/1024x576_MP4_9148330749423958097.mp4

The second half of Our Girl season three returned to screens on Tuesday night, with a mixed reaction from fans.

It seemed that viewers fell into two camps; Michelle Keegan enthusiasts or those still pining for the 'much better' series' original star Lacey Turner, claiming the former is 'too glam' to portray a Army Corporal.

Lacey - Molly - Dawes - Series - Season

Lacey, 30, played Molly Dawes in the series first season but left afterwards, paving the way for Michelle, 31, to take on the role of Georgie Lane.

'I’m sorry but #OurGirl was so much better with Lacey Turner!' one person headed to Twitter to declare.

Michelle - Keegan - Bit - Lacey - Turner

A second typed: 'Love Michelle Keegan but she’s probably a bit too glam. Never understood why Lacey Turner didn’t stay, she was great.'

A third posted: '#OurGirl started off good with Lacey T but now too much white saviour syndrome its enough to make you want to barf!'

Lacey - Turner - Appearance - Remark - Person

‏'Hoping Lacey Turner will make an appearance!' came a fourth remark, as a fifth person posted: 'Is it a bit late to say I miss Molly Dawes? She was what Our Girl was always about. Her journey.

'Much preferred her and Captain James. I still cannot warm to Georgie, as much as I like Michelle Keegan’s acting. Bring back Molly please!'

Viewer - Opinion - Stacey - Eastenders - OurGirl

Another viewer voiced: 'Unpopular opinion but I much preferred Stacey from Eastenders on #OurGirl than Michelle Keegan!'

Someone else added: 'Mightn't be a popular opinion but I think Our Girl would be better without Michelle Keegan. She isn't a great actress!'

Someone - Keegan - Army - Corporal - Piece

Someone else fumed: 'Michelle Keegan playing an Army Corporal is the worst piece of casting since James Cordon voiced lovable national treasure Peter Rabbit.'

On the flip side of this, others praised Michelle for her return to the role.

Keegan - Role - Fan

'Michelle Keegan is unreal even playing that role!' one fan gushed.

'Watching #OurGirl. Say what you may like, but to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Does it ever seem that life has become one long rerun?