Roseanne Barr's TV show is CANCELLED after she posted 'racist tweet' saying former advisor to President Obama looked like 'the Muslim brotherhood and planet of the apes had a baby'

Mail Online | 5/29/2018 | Anneta Konstantinides;Khaleda Rahman For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/05/29/19/4CBC5FE400000578-0-image-a-70_1527617100639.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/05/29/1489463402298232027/1024x576_MP4_1489463402298232027.mp4

A major US network has cancelled Roseanne Barr's television show hours after the comedian posted a racist tweet about a former advisor to President Obama.

The 65-year-old actress was widely condemned after she tweeted that Valerie Jarrett, who served as the senior advisor to Obama, looked like the 'Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby.'

Accusations - Racism - 'Islam - Race - Roseanne

Although she initially defended herself against accusations of racism by tweeting that 'Islam is not a race,' Roseanne later apologised to Jarrett and said she was leaving Twitter,

'I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks. I should have known better. Forgive me-my joke was in bad taste,' she wrote.

Posts - Backlash - Critics - ABC - Show

Despite this, her posts sparked a furious backlash with critics calling on ABC to cancel her show - a revival of hit 1990s sitcom Roseanne - which became the third highest-rated US show this year after Sunday Night Football and This Is Us.

ABC released a statement on Tuesday afternoon, branding Roseanne's tweets 'abhorrent, repugnant, and inconsistent with our values' and announcing that her sitcom had been cancelled.

'We - Show - Channing - Dungey - President

'We have decided to cancel her show,' Channing Dungey, President of ABC Entertainment, said.

Shortly afterwards, her agent revealed she was being dropped as a client.

Reboot - Show - Class - Conner - Family

The reboot of the show, which originally ran from 1988 to 1997, looks at how the working class Conner family are faring during the Trump era.

The show's successful comeback season, starring John Goodman alongside Roseanne, ended last week, but it had not yet to be picked for broadcast or streaming in the UK.

Season - Episodes - Viewers - US - ABC

The latest season's episodes are currently only available to viewers in the US - on ABC and on streaming platform Hulu - as well as for purchase on the US iTunes store.

It is unlikely that rival streaming service Netflix would obtain any of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"Tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis