Britain's Got Talent 2018: Ratings RISE to 9million for first ever live semi-final without Ant... as Lost Voice Guy and The D-Day Darlings go through

Mail Online | 5/29/2018 | Becky Freeth for MailOnline
joyy (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/05/29/13/4CB9C43C00000578-0-image-a-12_1527596364731.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/05/28/1034299849008724146/1024x576_MP4_1034299849008724146.mp4

It was the first live semi-final in the show's history without double act Ant & Dec.

But a peak audience of just under 9million tuned in to see Declan Donnelly host Britain's Got Talent 2018 by himself, increasing ratings by almost one million viewers.

Dec - Evening - Twitter - Bank - Holiday

Dec celebrated 'quite an evening' on Twitter as the Bank Holiday broadcast - the first without embattled co-presenter and friend Ant McPartlin - saw Lost Voice Guy and The D-Day Darlings were sent through to the final.

According to TeleMix, a peak audience of just under 9million tuned in compared to 7.9 million viewers of the same episode in 2017.

Audience - Viewers - Hour - Minute - Briefly

The average audience of 6.9 million viewers watched the one hour and 30 minute semi-final, which was briefly marred by a technical hitch caused by a thunderstorm in London.

As such, Monday's show overran by five minutes into the scheduled start time of Coronation Street.

Channel - 'sorry - Disruption - Message - Judge

The channel was forced to air a 'sorry for the disruption' message, with judge Simon Cowell jokingly blaming Ant for sabotaging the show.

For the first time in the popular show's history the live shows took place at London's Hammersmith Apollo instead of ITV's studios, with Declan, 42, presenting the show alone.

Programme - Results - Viewers

When the programme returned at 9.30pm for the results show, 5.7million viewers tuned in.

Lost Voice Guy won the public over with his comedic performance, storming through to Sunday's final.

'This - Time - Fact

He said: 'This is the best I have felt in a very long time. In fact I feel more special than usual.'

Meanwhile, in a twist for the panel, judges Simon Cowell , Amanda Holden, Alesha Dixon and David Walliams were able to decide between the two second and third voted acts.

Panel - Favour - Singers - D-Day - Darlings

The panel voted in favour of female singers The D-Day Darlings above talented musician Maddox Dixon.

However, the result left some viewers disgruntled as they had hoped to see...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!