Chelsea Clinton says Trump 'degrades what it means to be an American,' says Brits should protest his UK trip

Fox News | 11/8/2016 | Christopher Carbone
shankay (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnews.com/content/dam/fox-news/images/2018/05/27/chelsea-clinton-reuters.jpg.img.png/0/0/1527418998839.png?ve=1

Click For Photo: http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnews.com/content/fox-news/politics/2018/05/27/chelsea-clinton-says-trump-degrades-what-it-means-to-be-american-says-brits-should-protest-his-uk-trip/_jcr_content/image.img.jpg/0/0/1527421878444.jpg?ve=1

In an interview on "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert," Chelsea Clinton said Ivanka Trump is "fair game" for media criticism because she works for the president.

During a wide-ranging interview to promote her latest book, Chelsea Clinton said that President Trump “degrades what it means to be an American” and said she would protest his planned July visit to the U.K. if she was British.

Daughter - World - Trump - Administration - Hate

The former first daughter, who just published "She Persisted Around the World," blamed the Trump administration for having “mainlined hate” and cited reports of a rise in hate crimes — as documented by organizations like the Southern Poverty Law Center and the FBI.

“Not just the hundreds, but now thousands of instances in schools across America, where children are citing the president as they’re demeaning a little girl, or they’re chanting ‘Build a wall’ in an attempt to demean and degrade brown children,” she told the Guardian.

Trump - Wall - America - Border - Cornerstone

Trump made building a wall at America’s southern border a cornerstone of his 2016 presidential campaign, and, despite the fact that it has become comedic fodder for late-night talk show hosts —the wall is being built.

“I think those of us who have platforms to do that have to say this is wrong and unacceptable, so we don’t normalize it but try to detoxify what has been unleashed. Because if we don’t, we leave a vacuum. And I think the darkness fills that vacuum,” she added.

Guardian - People - Trump - Visit - July

When asked by the Guardian how British people should respond to Trump’s planned visit in July, Clinton referenced her children, saying:

“Well, I’ve been to multiple protests since the election. Charlotte’s been to at least three, maybe four. Aidan’s been to one. If I lived in Britain I would show up to protest, because I don’t agree with what he’s doing to degrade what it means to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Fox News
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sorry Mr. Franklin, we couldn't keep it.