Empowered to Act in Obedience

(in)courage | 5/26/2018 | Staff
darktm22darktm22 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://www.incourage.me/wp/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/20180526-Morin-Resistance-1200x858.jpg

Sometimes afternoon lands heavy and hard. The morning caffeine has long expired, the daily to-do list looms unfinished, and it’s clear I’m going to run out of energy before I run out of day. That’s when the brownies on top of the fridge start crooning my name. The open carton of mint chocolate chip in the freezer has my number on speed dial.

Standing at the intersection of tired and tempted, there’s a collision that dissolves all my pious parsing of doctrine into a howl of dismay: God, don’t You see me struggling here? Why don’t You do something?

Line - Power - God - Power - Risk

At the boundary line between will power and God’s power, I see what a courageous risk it was for God to give us freedom, for Him to release His beloved into the threatening territory of our own poor choices.

Every day, we trust for grace in our battle against a custom-made constellation of sin tendencies: When I indulge my craving for chips and salsa or my inordinate longing for human affirmation and acceptance, I reveal my misplaced values and expose a heart so easily satisfied by pale substitutes, so easily distracted from the smile and approval of God. For others, perhaps it’s the tyranny of another glass of wine after dinner. And then another. Maybe, for you, the craving involves an image on a screen, and even though you realize it’s sucking the oxygen out of your soul, you can’t look away.

Paul - New - Testament - Writings - Reveal

Paul’s New Testament writings reveal he was no stranger to this fight against active disobedience and that he also knew the stubborn reluctance to follow the Sprit’s prompting toward good. When he prayed for his friends in Thessalonica, fellow believers and warriors in the fight, he asked God to help them to “fulfill every resolve for good and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: (in)courage
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It's a fight to the death, which you will eventually lose...
Tagged: