The Voice Finale Recap: Was the Right Singer Named the Winner of Season 14?

TVLine | 5/22/2018 | Charlie Mason
hey13 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/nup_182501_4807.jpg?w=620

Going into Tuesday’s Season 14 finale of The Voice, the question seemed to be less “Who’s going to win?” and more “Was Kyla Jade or Brynn Cartelli going to win?” (Which was still more suspenseful than the ending of Season 13, since a victory by Team Blake’s Chloe Kohanski had been a foregone conclusion well ahead of the finish line.) Before Monday’s performances, I’d been pretty sure that Team Blake’s Kyla was a lock to take the title. She had the pipes, the charisma, the momentum. But then her original song had the same effect on me as Tylenol PM, and both Brynn’s original and her “Skyfall” cover sold better — and Britton Buchanan’s self-penned “Where You Come From” beat ’em all on the iTunes chart. So as the Results Show began Tuesday night, I didn’t know what to think. Was Team Alicia’s baby-faced Springsteen about to come from behind to steal the crown? Read on, and we’ll go over the evening’s performances on our way to revealing Season 14’s winner.

Britton Buchanan, WILKES, Christiana Danielle, Jackie Foster and Mia Boostrom, “In the Air Tonight” | Kind of a so-so opener. The harmonies that the group went for weren’t really there, the team-up mainly made me miss WILKES and Mia Boostrom all over again, and WTH was up with Jackie’s mic? The show does do dress rehearsals of this stuff, right?

Spensha - Baker - Team - Blake - Kane

Spensha Baker (Team Blake) and Kane Brown, “What Ifs” — Spensha’s grade: C | As Spensha chimed in on Kane’s hit, it seemed like a mismatch. The more I listened to her single “Old Soul” today, the more I loved it. But this… it was just too country-rock for the country-soul singer. She was better on the choruses, but why have her sing a song in the finale that doesn’t play...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Economic projections are useless with out the exact timer they will occur