Sex Abuse Victim Claims Pope Said God Made Him Gay

The Daily Caller | 5/20/2018 | Staff
jenn1020 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Juan_Carlos_Cruz-e1526934896399.jpg

A Chilean victim of a Catholic priest’s sex abuse claimed Pope Francis told him God made him gay.

Juan Carlos Cruz, one of three victims of sexual abuse at the hands of Father Fernando Karadima, claimed Francis told him during a private audience in April God made him gay and loves him exactly as he is, according to The Sun. Cruz made the claim to Spanish newspaper El Pais. The Vatican has yet to issue a statement confirming or denying the veracity of Cruz’s claim, despite the fact Francis’ alleged words directly contradict the Catholic catechism.

Carlos - Cruz - Francis - Crux - God

“Juan Carlos, that you are gay doesn’t matter,” Cruz alleged Francis said to him, according to Crux Now. “God made you like this and loves you like this and it doesn’t matter to me. The pope loves you like this; you have to be happy with who you are.”

Homosexual acts are “contrary to the natural law,” do “not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity,” and cannot be approved under any circumstances, the church catechism states. The implication of Cruz’s claim is Francis said God made him with sinful impulses, given the Catholic church’s teaching on the matter. The church does distinguish, however, between homosexual orientation and homosexual acts. The latter is taught to be overtly sinful while the former, though contrary to natural law, is not considered sinful unless acted upon.

Cruz - Claim - Response - Questions - Francis

Cruz made the claim in response to questions about whether Francis addressed Cruz’s homosexuality. Cruz said he explained to Francis he was a good person and was not a pervert.

“They had basically told him that I was a pervert,” Cruz said, according to Crux. “I explained that I am not the reincarnation of St. Aloysius Gonzaga, but I’m not a bad person; I try not to hurt anyone.”

Cruz - Faith - Francis

Cruz also discussed his faith with Francis...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Caller
Wake Up To Breaking News!
2KXVI