Classical singer who battled breast cancer says doctors should have urged her to freeze her eggs

Mail Online | 5/17/2018 | Sally Windsor For Mailonline
Night987 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/05/15/21/4C4B279400000578-0-image-a-2_1526416247563.jpg

A classical singer who battled breast cancer at just 21 says doctors should have urged her to freeze her eggs - as she faces a future without children at 39.

Joanna Forest said she may have tried for a baby by now, had doctors explained the situation properly to her two decades ago.

Medics - Question - Eggs - Topic - Gesture

Instead, she says medics were 'flippant' over the question of her freezing her eggs, and now feels the topic shouldn't have been treated as a 'token gesture'.

The chart-topping singer recalled how she was asked just once before her gruelling chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatment whether she wanted to freeze her eggs, and was offered little information.

Joanna - Time - Idea - Seconds - Thought

Joanna said at the time she had dismissed the idea 'in seconds', unable to face the thought of having another procedure.

The soprano explained how at the age of just 21, she had been unable to think that far into the future, and that now, at 39, she is afraid to try for a baby for fear of being disappointed if she fails to get pregnant.

Joanna - High - Beech - Essex - Husband

Joanna, who now lives in High Beech, Essex, with her husband James, said: 'At that point I knew a little about egg freezing.

'[T]he information at the time I was given about egg-freezing was no more than just a flippant question asking me if I wanted it and that was it, I had dismissed it in seconds.

'I - Earth - Future - Present

'I was 21, why on earth was I going to think about that far in the future when all I could do was think about the present.'

Joanna, a former student of prestigious stage school Italia Conti, had been touring with a stage company around the country when she discovered a lump.

Breasts

After examining her breasts, she tried not to panic, believing that it was unlikely to be harmful considering she was just...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Never under estimate the power of the people, especially when they are a stupid mass!