Teacher Who Suffered Stroke While Teaching Praises Students For Saving His Life

The Daily Caller | 5/16/2018 | Staff
megzmegz123 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Jack-Candinin-7-30-17-Facebook-e1526491977573.jpg

Milford High School teacher Dennis “Jack” Candini praised his students for their quick thinking after he suffered a stroke in a Massachusetts classroom while teaching.

The 71-year-old Candini was substituting for another teacher for a food service class when he began having problems with his speech and was unable to speak, according to ABC News.

William - Pointer - ABC - News - Someone

“I was terrified,” 18-year-old senior William Pointer told ABC News. “But I didn’t second-guess myself. I needed to get someone who could help with the situation.”

Several students called 911 while Pointer ran out of the room to get another teacher, Pam Hennessy, to help stabilize Candini.

Candini - Years - School - ABC - News

Candini had taught for 32 years at the school before retiring in 2004, ABC News reported. He works as a substitute now and is still involved in coaching school sports.

“I’ve no [prior] history of anything and I’ve been active all my life,” Candini told ABC News. “When [the stroke] was occurring, I was kind of in denial — that’s why the students, I give them so much credit. They trusted their judgement and they stayed on the situation.”

“Not being...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Caller
Wake Up To Breaking News!