Drivers Delivering Amazon Packages Accused Of Devastating And Deadly Accidents

chicago.cbslocal.com | 5/15/2018 | Staff
AnnieFoxx (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cbschicago.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/amazon1.jpg?w=600

CHICAGO (CBS) – CBS 2 Investigator Dave Savini tracks drivers violating road safety and talks to a man severely injured and suing the company.

CBS 2 Investigators catch Amazon delivery drivers creating dangers on the road. With one pedestrian dead and another who says he suffered severe injuries, CBS 2’s Dave Savini looks into the drivers working at a local Amazon warehouse.

Warehouse - Little - Village - CBS - Investigators

Outside the warehouse in Little Village, the CBS 2 Investigators watch Amazon delivery drivers hit the road and rack up traffic offenses too – blowing red lights and stop signs, turning illegally on red, parking in fire lanes and cutting in and out of traffic without using turn signals.

CBS 2 also found Amazon drivers in vans and personal cars loaded with packages – stacked so high their mirrors were obstructed. One after another, they roll out of the warehouse and zipped down streets, including in Raul and Steven Salinas’ neighborhood.

Loud - Yell - Steven - Salinas - Night

“Well I heard a loud yell,” said Steven Salinas said about the night his father was hit by a van they believe was driven by an Amazon delivery driver.

Chicago Police surveillance video shows Raul Salinas and his dog crossing the street. The van failed to stop for a stop sign, hits Salinas then leaves the scene – a hit and run.

Raul - Salinas

“He leave (sic) me there,” said 75-year-old Raul Salinas.

“Basically mowed him down. And left him for dead,” said Steven Salinas. “It still disgusts me that the person is still out there.”

Video - Driver - Salinas - Ground - Van

The video shows the driver maneuvering around Salinas as he lays injured on the ground. The van is then seen slowing for a speed bump, and again going through a stop sign without first stopping.

“I got a broken shoulder,” said Raul Salinas. “I got a broken ribs. I got a pelvis broken – all my right leg.”

December

This happened in December 2017,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: chicago.cbslocal.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!