'It proves hate won't win': Couple marry 9 months after surviving deadly car attack on anti-fascist protesters at Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville

Mail Online | 5/15/2018 | Rory Tingle For Dailymail.com
Kezzerxx (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/05/15/17/4C48691F00000578-0-image-a-77_1526403206246.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/05/15/49787149560953100/1024x576_MP4_49787149560953100.mp4

A couple who survived the deadly white supremacist car attack during clashes in Charlottesville last summer finally got to tie the knot on Saturday.

Marcus Martin, who was pictured mid-air in a powerful photo taken when the Dodge Challenger struck on August 12, married his fiancée Marissa Blair in Gordonsville, Virginia, during an outdoor ceremony paid for by well-wishers.

Martin - Blair - Way - Car - Struck

Martin, 26, pushed Blair, 27, out of the way when the car struck. He suffered a broken leg while the couple's friend, 32-year-old paralegal and fellow anti-fascist protester Heather Heyer, was killed.

Everything - Blair - NBC29

'He always said he would do any and everything to protect me and he proved it,' Blair told NBC29.

'It proves hate won't win and it proves that there are more good people in the world than there are bad and that love will win.'

Planner - Christina - Moore - Bella - Giornata

Wedding planner Christina Moore from Bella Giornata Events & Designs contacted the couple, who had delayed their wedding after Heyer's death.

She teamed up with 30 vendors to carry out the ceremony free of charge.

Heyer - Mother - Susan - Bro - Tributes

Heyer's mother, Susan Bro, led tributes to her daughter by releasing a butterfly in her memory, while attendees wore purple, her favorite color.

The wedding was covered by videographer Floyd Joynes of Katie & Floyd Studios with M Harris Studios taking the pictures.

Year - Blair - Dailymail - Com - Moment

Last year, Blair spoke exclusively to Dailymail.com about the moment Martin saved her life as they protested against the Unite the Right rally.

The couple were demonstrating against thousands of white supremacists...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!