French prosecutors open probe after 22-year-old woman died in agony hours after her emergency call was mocked by the operator

Mail Online | 5/10/2018 | Laura Forsyth For Mailonline
liizu (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/05/10/22/4C11D51E00000578-0-image-a-33_1525986025250.jpg

French prosecutors opened an inquiry into the death of a young woman just hours after her distress call to emergency services was mocked by the operator.

This has since prompted a public outcry and renewed calls for more funding for health services.

Naomi - Musenga - France - Emergency - Dispatch

Naomi Musenga, 22, dialled France's emergency dispatch number on December 29 last year complaining of severe stomach pains.

In a recording of the three-minute call obtained only recently by her family, Musenga's voice can barely be heard as she says 'It hurts all over' and 'I'm going to die...'

Female - Operator - Woman - 'You - Day

However, the female operator goes on to mock the woman and said: 'You're going to die, certainly, one day just like everyone else'.

She is also heard mocking Musenga's complaints with a colleague, before telling the victim to call a doctor for a house visit.

Hours - Musenga - Emergency - Services - Ambulance

Five hours later Musenga, who was alone, again calls the emergency services, which finally dispatch the ambulance that brings her to a hospital in Strasbourg, eastern France.

But she died shortly after arriving from a heart attack.

Le - Monde - Autopsy - Musenga - Failure

According to French daily Le Monde, an autopsy revealed that Musenga had suffered multiple organ failure.

'You have to wonder how a human being can ask these types of questions to a dying person,' the victim's sister, Louange Musenga, told France 3 Alsace radio.

Emergency - Services - Operator - Charges - Person

The emergency services operator, who is facing potential charges of 'failing to assist a person in danger' according to Strasbourg prosecutors, has been suspended from her post.

A lawyer for the victim's family said Wednesday that he would file a lawsuit in the coming days, denouncing...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!