'As a believer in God, I've shamed myself': Former varsity football player and talented musician is jailed for eight years for conspiring to join ISIS after a group of his friends converted to Islam and planned to go to Syria

Mail Online | 5/2/2018 | Dailymail.com Reporter
applecup (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/05/02/06/4BC1E6A000000578-0-image-a-3_1525239463351.jpg

A New Jersey man, with a Catholic mom and Orthodox Jewish dad, admitted to taking part in a conspiracy to support the Islamic State group, and has been sentenced to eight years in prison.

Samuel Rahamin Topaz, 24, who was a talented singer, guitar player and on the varsity football team will also will be on lifetime supervised release under the sentence imposed Tuesday.

Fort - Lee - Resident - Others - Services

The Fort Lee resident had pleaded guilty to conspiring with others to provide services and personnel to the Islamic State group.

He recieved a lenient sentence after cooperating extensively with federal authorities since his arrest.

Believer - God - Topaz - US - District

'As a believer in God, I've shamed myself,' said Topaz, as he stood before U.S. District Judge Susan Wigenton in Newark, according to NJ.com. 'I've not only hurt myself, but I've also hurt my family, my friends and my country....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!