Breaking Free from the Bondage of Fear and Insecurity

Brandon Cox | 2/2/2010 | Staff
jenn1020jenn1020 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://brandonacox.com/wp-content/uploads/No-Fear.jpg

For as long as I can remember, I’ve struggled with insecurity. In kindergarten, I remember envying those kids who had the boldness to ask to go play in the most fun areas of the classroom while I sat there, quietly hoping to be invited into the fun. And there are stories of how my insecurity has held me back sprinkled all through my childhood, my teen years, and my adulthood.

Of course, there is a sense in which it’s okay to be shy when it’s a part of your personality. God made you uniquely you and you don’t have to be outgoing to please him. But there’s another sense in which I’ve believed the lie that It’s just who I am – I’m just not bold like other people.

Translation - Verse

To quote a more familiar translation of verse seven:

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

Fear - People - Jesus - God - God

So that fear you feel inside when it comes to speaking to other people about Jesus? It didn’t come from God. What God gives is the ability to be bold and courageous.

Again, it’s okay to do that in a way that aligns with your personality. You don’t ever have to be someone else. Introverts and extroverts can both share the gospel equally well, just in different ways.

Way - Bondage - Kind - Fear - Insecurity

The only way to break the bondage of this kind of fear and insecurity is to dig down very deep and sink...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Brandon Cox
Wake Up To Breaking News!
2KXVI