‘Watchmen’ Continues to be One of the Most Revolutionary Shows on Television

/Film | 12/14/2019 | Monique Jones
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/watchmen-a-god-walks-into-abar-review.jpg

It’s been several days since the latest Watchmen episode, “A God Walks Into Abar,” and I still can’t believe that this series was able to top itself after the last big reveal of Will Reeves being Hooded Justice. But top itself it has, and in the most unexpected way possible.

How many of us are still trying to pick our jaws off the floor from the revelation about Dr. Manhattan’s identity? At this point, I really don’t know where the show will take us in its final two episodes, but I can only imagine how rocked we’re going to be by the number of reveals there are left in store for us. But with that said, what sense can we make from what we’ve witnessed in this episode? How does Dr. Manhattan’s appearance change anything going forward? Let me try to put my brain back together and suss out what we can glean from this monumental reveal.

Spoilers

Spoilers ahead.

Hilariously, out of all of the “OMG!” posts I saw regarding Dr. Manhattan’s reveal, I did see someone (who had an American flag in their Twitter handle, a possible clue regarding their “patriotism”) tweet how they felt the series had finally jumped the shark with the Cal = Dr. Manhattan shocker. I had to laugh to myself, since that’s one of the reactions the show’s writers probably wanted.

Disguise - Man - One - Men - Superhero

It’s radical to make the most powerful being in the universe disguise himself as a black man. Is that because no one typically assumes black men are powerful enough to be a superhero, much less a nuclear-powered superman? Perhaps. Why else would Dr. Manhattan’s reveal be so impactful?

If we take a look at the state of the superhero in comic books, it’s only been in recent years that true attention has been paid to superheroes of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!