FREERANGEFRIDAY: NEW GROWTH IN ADVENT

Godspacelight | 12/6/2019 | Staff
stefaniastefania (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://godspacelight.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/IMG_2578.jpg

We are preparing to receive the baby Jesus…Preparing our hearts, our minds, our lives to have Jesus move into our neighborhood. As we move into the second week of Advent, maybe you are like me, and finding it hard to believe that it’s already here! I’ve been in the midst of taking down my fall decorations and putting up the Christmas ones while putting away all the gear from my work trip to Florida that took place before Thanksgiving. It’s been a season of moving. In the past six months, I’ve helped one son move across the country, helped my parents move from their home of forty-five years and helped my sister organize her home so she can use furniture from that move. AND I realized that I move for a living. As the curator of Sacred Spaces, I move boxes and gear from place to place, loading and unloading my mini van. I create the space to pray and engage God, and then after the event is over, I tear it down and pack it up and head back home. It’s beautiful, inspirational and physical work. And sometimes it feels like Sacred Space has become just Sacred stuff and a lot of hard work.

I need a new infusion of the Holy Spirit! I need the life giving spirit of God to pour into and flow over me, and grow new things in my tired soil! Which leads us to the gospel of Isaiah this week! Read both versions and allow the Holy Spirit to speak to you!

Shoot - Stump - Jesse - Roots - Branch

A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse;
 from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.
 The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him—
the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding,
 the Spirit of counsel and of might,
 the Spirit of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Godspacelight
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Trump - Just saying what the rest won't
Tagged: