One of my favorite priests is Fr. Jerome Cudden, OP

Catholic and Enjoying It! | 12/6/2019 | Staff
liizuliizu (Posted by) Level 3
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/wp-content/themes/Patheos TwentySeventeen/assets/images/default-thumbs/default-img-5-green.jpg

He used to be on staff at my parish, Blessed Sacrament, in Seattle and was always good both for vivacious presentations of theology and for general joie de vivre. He was the guy who taught me the way to avoid windy discussions about irrelevancies with Mormon missionaries and just cut to the chase with the core question: “When, precisely, was the Great Apostasy?”

No Great Apostasy, no need for a Latter Day Revelation to fix everything. And the thing is: when it comes to evidence for the Great Apostasy, there’s no There there. I found it a useful technique for engaging Mormons who want to chat.

Fr - Jerome - Letter - Friends - Share

Anyway, Fr. Jerome sent along this letter to all his friends, and I thought it amusing to share it with you since it’s obviously intended for public consumption.

I guess the saying is true, “All good things must come to an end.” In January my provincial (aka boss) called me and asked me (ok ordered me) to move to a new ministry. On July 1st, after six years of being the pastor of St. Dominic Church in Benicia, I became the new pastor of St. Raymond’s Church in Menlo Park, CA.

St - Raymond - Miles - San - Francisco

St. Raymond’s is located 30 miles south of San Francisco. It is one of the cities that makes up the Silicon Valley. The church is five miles from Facebook’s headquarters and two miles from Stanford University. Once again, I feel like I am a religious version of Forrest Gump, because I have no idea how I end up in the places I do. Good thing God is in charge.

With this assignment, I will now claim the title prophet. My prophecy was given 19 years ago at a Dominican retreat center in McKenzie Bridge, Oregon. That retreat marked the end of my novitiate, the first year of my...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Catholic and Enjoying It!
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: