Waste The Stamp: Letters to Santa, and Other Acts of Faith

Irreverin | 11/17/2019 | Staff
FirefangFirefang (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/333/2019/11/close-up-of-hand-holding-heart-shape-with-text-253208.jpg

There is a 9-year-old scientist in my house who can name for you every element of the periodic table, and can even tell you if you are looking at an outdated version. He likes to know how things work and is willing to take them apart to find out; and he has some big ideas that will rock the pharmaceutical world someday.

But he still believes in Santa Clause. For a couple of years now I’ve suspected that he low-key knows what’s up, and is just going along because he’s the youngest in the house and feels it his bounden duty to keep the magic alive for us all. Either that, or he thinks the quality and quantity of presents under the tree might be diminished by any recognition of the crass truth. For whatever reason, he is keeping the faith.

Lingering - Doubts - Authenticity - Belief - Letter

As if to answer any lingering doubts I may have harbored about the authenticity of his belief, he recently wrote a letter to Santa– and insisted it go to the mailbox with a real stamp.

“I figure I’ll send this early to beat the rush,” he said over breakfast. “I mean, I just picture Santa and all the elves checking the mail on December 1, and getting TOTALLY BURIED in an avalanche of envelopes, like ahhhhhhhhhh! So I’m getting mine in now.”

Boy - Considerate - Boot

Boy plans ahead, I’ll give him that. And he’s considerate to boot.

“So… what address should I put on here?”

Sister - Santa - North - Pole - Post

To which his (older) sister replied: “Oh, you can just put Santa, The North Pole. All the post offices know how to get it there.”

And then he was like “ok, well I need a stamp.”

Nah - Postage - North - Pole - Everybody

“Nah, you really don’t,” she replied winking at me. “It’s free postage to the North Pole, everybody knows that!”

His wheels went spinning and, it seems the scientist part of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Irreverin
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Satan's greatest desire is to convince the world he doesn't exist, and he has quite nearly succeeded.