6 common traits of Gen Z, in their own words

www.christianpost.com | 11/16/2019 | Staff
liizuliizu (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/38/233870.jpg

Facebook Twitter Email Menu Comment

Often, when you hear an “expert” speak or write about reaching a particular generation, it will inevitably be someone from an older generation. For example, you’ll have a Baby Boomer or Generation X-er talking about how to connect with Millennials or Gen Z. In no way am I saying this is an ineffective approach. In fact, there is a plethora of resources out there done in this particular way that are extremely helpful. However, I wanted to take a different approach.

Year - Student - Camps - DiscipleNow - Conferences

Over the last year, while speaking at student camps, DiscipleNow weekends, conferences, young adult worship services among other events, I took the opportunity to sit down and ask these young people some probing questions. One of the things I love the most about young people is if you want to know what they’re thinking, all you have to do is ask them. Sometimes, you don’t even have to ask! So, instead of adults telling other adults how to reach students, I decided to ask students, “What do adults need to know about your generation, known as Gen Z?” It was an incredible journey. I became a student so that I could hear ideas from this generation about reaching their generation.

With that in mind, here are seven things we need to know about Gen Z in their own words:

Church - Potluck - Dinners - Generation - Part

They want more out of church than potluck dinners: This generation wants to be a part of “doing” something. They’ll want more out of their church than sitting in a pew, listening to sermons and going to pot-luck dinners while waiting on the Rapture Bus to swoop down to pick them all up. They are not scared to die young; they are terrified, however, to die at a ripe old age while not having done anything significant with...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!