How Supernatural Counsel Beats Human Counsel Every Time

ChurchLeaders | 9/18/2019 | Staff
Kezzerxx (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/9.18.HOME_.CC.SupernaturalCounsel.jpg

There are times that human counsel isn’t enough; instead we need supernatural counsel.

If you’ve been in or fear getting into one of these situations, a friend of mine has some very helpful advice that will take all that pressure off your shoulders and put it right where it belongs.

Pride - Source - Wisdom - Way - Part

In my pride, I’ve always thought it would be wonderful to be an endless source of wisdom for all those who are hurting or who wonder what they should do. In a way, I think probably most of us are like that. But what if there’s a part of being an “endless fount of wisdom” that is at root an evil desire instead of a holy one?

One of the men to whom I dedicate the upcoming book When to Walk Away: Finding Freedom from Toxic People is the kind of friend whose counsel often feels like a spiritual bath. It’s cleansing. I actually have a few friends like that, so it was a little surprising when this friend told me he’s trying to no longer be that kind of a guy.

Dr - Mike - Dittman - Years - Answer

Dr. Mike Dittman explained that after years of wanting to have the “right” answer to every counseling question he received, God led him to pursue an entirely different path of ministry:

“People have often asked me to help them figure something out or fix something in their lives. They want answers to their questions and affirmation in their struggles, but not to learn how to pray. My goal is no longer to solve their problems or soothe their pain. Rather than fixing their lives to make them feel happier, my aim is to help them find God in the midst of their challenges.”

Answer - Spouse - Kids - Friends - Figure

What if, instead of having an “answer” for our spouse or kids or friends, we said, “Let’s figure out how you...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: