When You’re Needing Some Hope in the Middle of Your Story

Ann Voskamp | 9/18/2019 | Staff
liizu (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/33936952888_39c23b21d3_b_d.jpg

Sometimes it seems that the shards of broken marriages are washing up all around us.

But then we encounter someone like Lorna Wilkinson,whose story reminds us that the grace and power of God really can restore broken lives and homes.

Lorna - Houston - Texas - Church

I met Lorna at a Houston, Texas, church where I was speaking.

At the close of a gathering she stood and asked if she could share a brief testimony. For the next several minutes, we all sat spellbound, listening to her amazing story of grace and redemption.

Lorna - Husband - Pascal - Years - Years

Lorna and her husband, Pascal, were married for twenty-one years, and for many of those years, Pascal had been a good husband and father.

But eventually, Pascal’s alcohol abuse ravaged their home.

Years - Lorna - Promises - Chaos - Pascal

For nine years Lorna lived with broken promises, lying, and the financial chaos caused by Pascal’s obsessive drinking and chronic irresponsibility.

“I couldn’t trust my husband anymore,” Lorna recalled.

Work - Hours - Hotel - Room - Situation

“He would drop me off at work and then forget to pick me up. Sometimes I would be left there for hours, finally having to rent a hotel room close by. It was a very difficult situation. I endured to the point that I finally said, ‘I can’t take this anymore. I have to get out.’”

Lorna filed for divorce and asked her husband to leave. It was all she knew to do. Needing her own transportation, she purchased a used vehicle from a friend.

Night - Vehicle - Radio - Station - Christian

The night she picked up the vehicle, the radio was tuned to a Christian station. She never listened to Christian radio, so she reached over to change the station.

But as she did, “a conviction” came over her, and she could not touch the dial. So she listened . . . all the way home.

Radio - Morning - Lorna - Time - Revive

The radio was still on the next morning as Lorna drove to work, and this time Revive Our Hearts was playing. In God’s Providence,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Ann Voskamp
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: