‘An Emmy For Megan’ Loses Both Emmys (Again) — But Do We All Win a Third Season?

IndieWire | 9/15/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/shutterstock_editorial_10414789n.jpg

“An Emmy For Megan” also lost both categories it was nominated for in 2018, Best Short-Form Series and Best Actress (Amram).

This year, “An Emmy For Megan” was denied by SundanceTV’s “State of the Union.” Starring Chris O’Dowd and Rosamind Pike — both of whom won Emmys in the acting categories — the 10-episode first season from author Nick Hornby and director Stephen Frears took home the Emmy for Best Short-Form Series, as well, going three-for-three on Sunday night. “State of the Union” premiered to rave reviews at the 2019 Sundance Film Festival, before airing in 10-minute episodes on SundanceTV later this year.

Amram - Statement - Twitter - Series - Category

Amram issued the following statement via Twitter after she lost in the overall series category.

She sent another tweet after Oswalt lost his category, as well.

Interview - IndieWire - August - Amram - Season

In an interview with IndieWire in August, Amram said, “[…] if I win, then I won’t make another [season]. I’ll stop tweeting about it. I’ll stop flooding your timelines if you just finish me off, and give me an Emmy.” But going into this year’s ceremony, Amram was adamant she would win. In response to a tweet from the Television Academy with a photo of her that asked, “Will tonight be the night?” Amram simply replied with...
(Excerpt) Read more at: IndieWire
Wake Up To Breaking News!