Herschel’s Retreat brings classical simplicity to the laptop backpack

TechCrunch | 8/22/2019 | Staff
finter (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://techcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/CMB_7969.jpg?w=600

It’s finally Bag Week again! The most wonderful week of the year at TechCrunch. Just in time for back to school, we’re bringing you reviews of bags of all varieties: from backpacks to rollers to messengers to **** packs.

I’ve been meaning to check out a Herschel bag for a while now, just to see what all the fuss is about. The Vancouver-based company has really exploded on the scene here in New York City over the past few years. The packs seemed to go from virtually non-existent to every backpack over night.

Bag - Week - Herschel - Backpack - Retreat

With Bag Week rapidly approaching, I asked Herschel to send along whichever laptop backpack they recommended, and received the Retreat in the mail. I’ll be honest, the bag is a bit of a 180 from my usual. Doing what I do for a living, I’ve adopted a bit of a more is more approach when it comes to backpacks — more pockets, more slots. I’ve got something for all of them.

The Retreat presents a far more stripped-down approach. There’s the primary compartment with a slightly padded and fleece-lined laptop sleeve, and a medium-sized pocket on the outside with no zipper or snap. I appreciate the stripped-down approach — perhaps loosing some of my cables and gadgets could go a ways toward clearing my head. For now, however, it’s a bit too minimalistic for...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TechCrunch
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I find it extremely funny when people keep voting and expecting the government to change!