The Holy Covering of Grace

(in)courage | 8/14/2019 | Staff
jenny1246 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.incourage.me/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/20190814-Crawford-HisGraceNew.jpg

As a young believer, I found myself corralling grace into a corner — by grace I have been saved. Conversion was the theological boundary of grace in my mind.  By it, I was adopted into God’s family and granted the future hope of heaven, but surely, the hard work — the blood, sweat and tears — of living for Jesus depended on my strength and ability.

In writing to the Ephesian church, Paul understood the strong human desire to boast, but before he points out the sheer grace that saves all believers, he provides a stunning account of the spiritual blessings that we are granted in Christ — indeed, the grace of God extends far beyond only plucking us from ****!

Ephesians - Paul - Praise - God - Grace

In Ephesians 1, Paul sings praise to God for His grace in choosing us, redeeming us, adopting and forgiving us. He goes on, giving thanks for the grace of the Holy Spirit’s presence in us, the grace of growing in wisdom and knowing Christ. God’s grace not only saves us but also opens the door for us to know Christ with greater intimacy.

This is good news:  the grace of God that saved me once sustains me now.  Rather than patches of parched land, His grace covers the landscape of my life, and what a holy covering it is.

Beauty - God - Grace - Pages - Theology

The beauty of God’s sustaining grace has moved off the pages of my theology textbooks and spread into every corner of my life. For the past few years, we have been losing my father to a disease that is slowly crippling both his body and his brain. This season of prolonged grief and loss continues to show me that grace is not just a divine response for help. As I care for my father, the gift of grace characterizes countless moments throughout my day.

Grace...
(Excerpt) Read more at: (in)courage
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: